PRACTICESInsurance Coverage, Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Liability Litigation
Insurance Defense Litigation
Commercial and Business Litigation
Governmental Entity Defense
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 1993
- B.S., University of Kansas, 1990
- B.A., with honors, University of Kansas, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
Jon focuses his practice on insurance coverage, insurance defense and general civil litigation. He has litigated cases in more than 30 states and has extensive experience representing commercial manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutical, insurance and other clients in products liability, tort and negligence litigation in federal and state courts throughout the country. Jon previously served as the Assistant County Attorney for Leavenworth County, Kansas. As Assistant County Attorney, he tried to juries numerous high level felony and sexual assault cases and tried hundreds of cases to the bench.
- Successfully argued before the Court of Appeals that a trial court’s grant of summary judgment against his client’s claims for injunctive relief and for specific performance of contract was in error, resulting in complete reversal of ruling and favorable resolution of all claims. (Missouri)
- Obtained complete dismissal of all claims asserted against corporate client in alleged road rage incident allegedly involving employee while driving a company vehicle (Illinois).
- Obtained complete dismissal of all claims asserted against corporate client in a commercial vehicle rollover accident involving serious injuries and disputed liability (Georgia).
- Obtained summary judgment in client’s favor resulting in significant settlement of client’s claims, including for breach of contract, arising out of departure from medical practice group (Kansas).
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Leavenworth County Alliance Against Family Violence Advocate of the Year