Insurance Coverage Litigation
- University of Missouri - Kansas City, J.D.
- Kansas State University - B.A.
- State of Missouri
- State of Kansas
- United States District Court, Western and Eastern Districts of Missouri
- United States District Court, District of Kansas
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association for Women Lawyers
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Platte County Bar Association
Pamela J. Welch is a trial attorney who defends individuals, businesses and insurance companies in a wide variety of matters. She focuses her practice on premises liability, products liability, automobile and trucking litigation, employment litigation, insurance coverage and professional liability with an emphasis in Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)/ Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Ms. Welch has significant experience in defending collection professionals and attorneys against consumer and class actions claims. Ms. Welch has jury trial experience and has successfully argued before the Missouri and Kansas Court of Appeals. She is an advocate that realizes more cases are won outside of the courtroom and emphasizes the use of summary judgment and mediation in her practice. Ms. Welch has been recognized by Law & Politics as a “Rising Star Super Lawyer” in Missouri and Kansas every year since 2010.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Welch worked in the Johnson County, Kansas District Attorney’s office where she prosecuted misdemeanor and felony cases and tried more than 30 bench trials while in law school. Ms. Welch received her Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri - Kansas City, where she was honored as a National Member of The Order of Barristers. She represented UMKC in the Association of Trial Lawyers of America's National Advocacy Competition in which she received the H. Michael Coburn Legal Advocacy Scholarship. Additionally, she was a staff associate for The Urban Lawyer and an editorial assistant for the Journal of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Ms. Welch attended Kansas State University where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism and Mass Communications. She is admitted to practice in the State and Federal District Courts of Kansas and Missouri.
- Kendagor v. Stith Entertainment, et.al, Case No.: 0922-CC09526, City of St. Louis, Missouri (inadequate security for sexual assault in a nightclub)
- Gebel v. Grondin, Case No.: 11JE-CC193, Jefferson County, Missouri (permanent neck injury from rear-end accident at speed of 50-55 mph)
- Lindsey v. Beard, et al., Case No.: CV105-003079CC, Clay County, Missouri (agent of used car dealership involved in motor vehicle accident with several injuries and a death)
- Peters v. Barber, Case No.: 05AC-CC00755, Cole County, Missouri (motor vehicle accident regarding lane change)
- Ruby v. Atlantic Credit and Finance, Inc., 327 P.3d 1053 (Kan. App. 2014)
- Lynch v. Nelson Watson Assoc., LLC, No. 10-2025, WL 2472588 (D. Kan. June 21, 2011)
- Agnello v. Walker, 306 S.W.3d 666 (Mo. App. 2010)
- Hopper v. Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance, 220 S.W.3d 394 (Mo. App. 2007)
Behind the Glass Wall: Barriers that Incarcerated Parents Face Regarding the Care, Custody and Control of their Children, 191 J. Am. Acad. Matrim. Law. 1 (2004).