PRACTICESPersonal Injury Defense
Commercial and Business Litigation
Governmental Entity Defense
Insurance Defense Litigation
- University of Kansas, B.S.J.
- California Western School of Law, J.D.
- State of Missouri
- State of Kansas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- United States Supreme Court
Michael defends individual and corporate clients in cases involving personal injury, contract and commercial disputes, governmental liability, and insurance coverage issues. He obtained his undergraduate degree in journalism at the University of Kansas, and earned his law degree from California Western School of Law.
After graduating from law school, Michael returned to the Kansas City area, where he began his career by serving as law clerk for Hon. William F. Mauer at the Jackson County Circuit Court. He has successfully tried many cases in Kansas and Missouri, and has argued appeals before the Missouri Supreme Court as well as the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is admitted to practice law in the United States Supreme Court, as well as the state and federal courts of Kansas and Missouri.
- Perez v. Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kan., 432 F.3d 1163 (D. Kan. 2005).
- Century Fire Sprinklers, Inc v. CNA/Transportation Ins. Co., 87 S. W.3d 408 (Mo. App. W.D. 2002).
- Northwest Arkansas Masonry, Inc. v. Summit Specialty Products Inc., 29 Kan.App. 2d 735, 31 P.3d 982 (2001).
- State ex rel. Stickelber v. Nixon, 54 S.W.3d 219 (Mo. App.W.D 2001).
- Harris v. Stickelber, 55 S.W.3d 858 (Mo. App. W.D. 2001).
- Carlson v. K-Mart Corp., 979 S.W 2d 145 (Mo. 1998).
- Becerra v. Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas, 272 F. Supp.2d 1223 (D.Kan. 2003).
- Vickers v. General Motors Corp., 204 F.R.D. 476 (D.Kan 2001).