- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Missouri-Columbia, B.A., Anthropology, cum laude
- United States District Court, District of Kansas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Joan attended the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, where she graduated cum laude. During law school, Joan was an article editor for The Urban Lawyer and a member of the UMKC Law Review. She served as an intern under the Honorable Judge Robert M. Schieber, 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri and the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Missouri. Joan also worked as a student intern for the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Prior to law school, Joan attended the University of Missouri-Columbia where she earned a degree in Anthropology. Upon graduation, she worked in the Human Resources Department of a mid-sized bank in Columbia, Missouri.
Joan is a member of The Missouri Bar, The Kansas Bar Association, and the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association. She successfully completed the Ross T. Roberts Trial Academy in 2015.