PRACTICESInsurance Defense Litigation
Personal Injury Defense
Insurance Coverage, Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Liability Litigation
- St. Thomas University School of Law, JD
- University of Missouri - Columbia, BA
- US District Court of Missouri, Western District
- US District Court of Missouri, Eastern District
- US District Court of Kansas
Ms. Hatley joined the firm in 2014 and practices in the areas of casualty and personal injury litigation, insurance coverage, bad faith and extra contractual liability, equitable garnishment, premises liability, and general civil defense. In addition to second chairing bench and jury trials in Missouri and Kansas, Ms. Hatley has obtained summary judgment on behalf of her clients in both state and federal courts and successfully argued before the Kansas and Missouri Court of Appeals. Ms. Hatley has been selected as a Missouri & Kansas “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers every year since 2017. Only 2.5 percent of Missouri and Kansas lawyers who are 40 years or younger, or in practice for 10 years or less, are named to the list of Rising Stars. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Hatley practiced in the area of first party insurance defense in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Ms. Hatley attended law school at St. Thomas University in Miami, Florida, where she was named to the Dean’s List and earned an award for the top grade in trial advocacy. Ms. Hatley earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Ms. Hatley is licensed to practice in federal and state courts in Missouri and Kansas.
Ms. Hatley was recently named as one of three attorneys in Missouri to be honored as a 2022 Up and Coming Law Firm Leader by Missouri Lawyers Media. The Law Firm Leader award recognizes attorneys under 40 who hold important leadership roles in their firms and celebrates mentors who pay it forward by reaching back and offering a hand up to younger attorneys. Ms. Hatley is also a recipient of the 2023 Women's Justice Awards. The Women’s Justice Awards recognize women across Missouri who have demonstrated leadership, integrity, service, sacrifice and accomplishment in improving the quality of justice and exemplifying the highest ideals of the legal profession. The awards reach out to women in various segments of the legal community, including the bar, the bench, public office, business, academia, nonprofits and the state at large.
Ms. Hatley serves on the firm’s Hiring Committee and Mentoring Program. The Committee aims to recruit, hire, and train highly qualified and diverse attorneys in the Kansas City area.
- Stichler v. Jesiolowski, 547 S.W.3d 789 (Mo. App. 2018)
- Harlan v. United Fire & Cas. Co., 208 F. Supp. 3d 1168 (D. Kan. 2016)
- Boone v. TFI Family Servs., Inc., No. 14-2548-JTM, 2015 WL 5210195 (D. Kan. Sept. 3, 2015)
- Jensen v. United States Tennis Ass'n, No. 20-2422-JWL, 2022 WL 1460011 (D. Kan. May 9, 2022)
- Est. of Stein by & through Stein v. Scott's Welding Serv., Inc., 508 P.3d 407 (Kan. Ct. App. 2022)
- Osborn v. Kansas Dep't for Child. & Fams., 509 P.3d 597 (Kan. Ct. App. 2022)
- Progressive Nw. Ins. Co. v. Weis, 561 F. Supp. 3d 1124 (D. Kan. 2021)