PRACTICESCommercial and Business Litigation
Corporate Finance and Business Formation
- University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, B.Sc. (Hons.)
- University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, LL.B.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D.
- State of Missouri
- State of Illinois
- State of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Tax Court
- South Africa
Greg Ward has over thirty years legal experience. That experience has concentrated largely in commercial litigation and includes trial practice in the courts of Illinois, North Carolina and South Africa. He has risen to the level of litigation partner in a prestigious Chicago law firm. In addition to that experience, he has spent over six years as Associate General Counsel first at a holding company which owned a number of broker/dealers and then at a broker/dealer. In that role, he supervised all litigation matters for those firms, as well as conducted a number of arbitrations and mediations. He has extensive experience before FINRA and the NFA. He has conducted jury trials in federal and state courts and his practice has included the representation of corporations, both large and small, as well as public entities such as the City of Chicago. He has experience with human resource matters and some exposure to intellectual property issues, particularly in the area of trademark registration and prosecution. He also has extensive transactional and contract experience. He received his undergraduate education, B.Sc. (Hons.), from the University of the Witwatersrand and received a Bachelor of Laws degree from the same institution. He has a JD from the University of Valparaiso School of Law where he was selected for the Law Review.
Mr. Ward is admitted to practice in Illinois, Missouri and North Carolina as well as a number of federal Courts. He now resides in St. Louis Missouri