A life-long Missouri resident, Kevin handles civil lawsuits from inception to completion. He has an emphasis on serious personal injury and wrongful death defense, toxic tort defense, insurance coverage litigation, and construction litigation. He has counseled clients on all aspects of the litigation process. Kevin has extensive experience in defense of civil lawsuits, including preparing and arguing successful dispositive motions and successfully defending multiple trials to courts. Kevin is an excellent legal writer, having drafted multiple successful motions for summary judgments and appellate briefs to the Missouri Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Missouri, and Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Kevin is an adjunct professor at the University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law. He has taught trial advocacy since 2006. Kevin is a graduate of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers Trial Academy.
Prior to private practice, Kevin was the Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Sandra C. Midkiff in the Circuit Court for the 16th Judicial Circuit of Missouri at Kansas City. In law school, Kevin was on the Dean's List and received CALI Awards for the highest grades in Evidence and Criminal Procedure. Before law school, Kevin worked as a newspaper reporter and copy editor.
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Construction Law
- Toxic Tort Defense
- Governmental Entity Defense
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court of Kansas
- "HIPAA Regulation of Ex Parte Interviews with Plaintiffs' Treating Physicians: More Questions than Answers...", Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers Winter 2006 Newsletter
- Defense Research Institute 2006 Missouri Products Liability Update and "Chapter 13: Lack of Reliable Foundation" of DRI's Compendium on Admissibility of Expert Testimony
- "The Vanishing Enforceability of Arbitration Clauses in Nursing Home Admission Contracts", Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers Summer 2009 Newsletter
- "Voir Dire & Case Considerations for the Modern Juror: Unlocking the Secrets of a Great Voir Dire", Kansas Defense Journal Spring 2012
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Missouri - Columbia, B.A., Journalism, 2001