Trucking & Automobile Litigation
Commercial and Business Litigation
Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Washburn University, J.D.
- University of North Dakota, B.B.A.
- State of Kansas
- State of Missouri
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court, District of Kansas
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas City Claims Association
Mr. Karaim is an experienced trial lawyer in the states of Missouri and Kansas, who has tried numerous cases in the Circuit Courts of Missouri, the District Courts of Kansas, and the United States District Courts, including the United States Claims Court. Mr. Karaim specializes in premises liability cases, automobile cases including trucking litigation, construction defect claims and other construction disputes, business torts, and coverage actions. Many of Mr. Karaim's defense verdicts have been featured in Missouri Lawyers Weekly and Civil Litigator, Inc. Mr. Karaim is admitted to practice before the Supreme Courts of Missouri and Kansas, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth and Tenth Circuits, and the United States District Courts for the Western District of Missouri and the District of Kansas. Mr. Karaim received his Juris Doctor from Washburn University where he was on the editorial staff of the Law Review. He is a member of the Missouri Bar Association, the Kansas Bar Association, the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, and the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association.
- William Johnson v. Ramey’s, Howell County, Missouri, Sept. 2010 (Defense Verdict)
- Carnes v. Hill Brothers Const., Platte County, Missouri, Aug. 2009 (Defense Verdict)
- Estes v. Longview Apple Market, Jackson County, Missouri, Dec. 2007 (Defense Verdict)
- Sharon K. Johnson, et al. v. Falley’s, Inc., Case No. 05BU-CV03568, Buchanan County, Missouri (March 2007).
- Samantha Hoeflicker, et al. v. Larry Holland, et al., Case No. 05SA-CV00210, Saline County, Missouri (October 2006).
- John Linthicum v. The General Store No. 2, d/b/a Marsh’s Sun Fresh, Case No. 04CV220482, Jackson County, Missouri (July 2006).
- Marvin Merino v. Hanson, Case No. 02-CV-221343, Jackson County, Missouri (April 2006).
- Grosen v. Bresette Foods, d/b/a Bresette’s IGA, Case No. 03CV84994, Platte County, Missouri (October 2005).
- Gerard Grace v. Tilton’s Oakland Market, Case No. 04C000141, Shawnee County, Kansas (January 2005).
- Rebecca Thomas v. Festival Foods, Case No.7CV103009351, Clay County, Missouri
- Jeffrey Velton v. Weymuth, Case No. 18V040000727, Pettis County, Missouri (September 2004).
- Thomas v. Festival Foods, 202 S.W.3d 625 (Mo.App.W.D. 2006)
- Kitzler v. Alenco, Inc., 147 P.3d 1095 (Kan. App. 2006)
- Badami v. Flood, 214 F.3d 994 (8th Cir. 2000)
- Moore v. Cordes, 19 S.W.3d 168 (Mo. App. W.D. 2000)
- Swift-Eckrich, Inc. v. Advantage Systems, Inc., 55 F.Supp.2d 1280 (D.Kan. 1999)
- Sansonetti v. City of St. Joseph, 976 S.W.2d 572 (Mo. App. W.D. 1998)
- Biester v. Midwest Heath Services, Inc., 77 F.3d 1264 (10th Cir. 1996)
- Livingston v. Omaha Property and Casualty Ins., 927 S.W.2d 444 (Mo. App. W.D. 1996)
- Yingling v. Hartwick, 925 S.W.2d 952 (Mo.App.W.D. 1996)
- Slater v. Cincinnati Ins. Co., 165 F.R.D. 100 (D.Kan. 1996)
- Integra Hotel and Restaurant Co. v. Ragan, 887 S.W.2d 731 (Mo. App. W.D. 1994)
- Dillman v. Mullins, 786 S.W.2d 608 (Mo. App. W.D. 1990)